Feng Shui Trade Secrets
Feng Shui Masters have long known that environmental factors play a big role in how we feel and think.
Your home or working environment could be detrimental to your health and financial prosperity. How? Your environment such as roads, freeways, water ways including drainage canals and physical structures such as buildings or transformers, and interior architectural features, could bring positive or very destructive energies, creating delays, obstacles, loss of employment, and ill health.
The bedroom is one of the most important rooms - as it is the place where your body regenerates from a hard day's work. It is where family plans, and strong loving marital relationships are nurtured. It is of utmost importance that this space contain auspicious energies. This is why we will concentrate here first.
The following is a general series of do's and don'ts to help you become more aware of your surroundings:
- Sleep with your head against one of your good directions. See Year Chart. Do not sleep under a beam. If you must, cover it with fabric.
- T.V. must be covered when not in use. Watching violent programs before retiring is not conducive to good sleep.
- Protruding corners from furniture or architectural features emanate poison arrows. Correct with trailing artificial plants or if possible round corners.
- Do not sleep under a window. If you must then place a tall solid headboard behind your bed. It is best to have a solid wall behind you.
- Never align your feet with the door.
- Never sleep on the same wall as the entrance door to bedroom. if you must, then place a mirror where you can see who enters the room.
- A bedroom placed at the end of a long hallway is not positive. Keep the door closed.
- A bed should not be placed opposite a door or at the bottom of a stairway.
- Mirrors either facing your bed, behind or above you, or on the sides of the bed is not positive. Cover mirrors.
- Do not place your bed between a mirror and a window or between two windows. This arrangement could bring restless sleep. Use window coverings such as blinds or draperies.
- Book shelves above a bed is very oppressive.
- Skylights are not considered positive in a bedroom and could cause health problems over a period of time. Cover the area or move the bed away from the area.
- Bedroom is for rest. Therefore computers, and or desks should be in another room. The same goes for studies. Reading for pleasure is O.K.
- Live plants in a bedroom are not positive during night time as they take on oxygen, therefore competing with your intake.
- The decorating and design of the bedroom should be uncluttered with soft colors and lighting with curved furnishings scaled to the size of the room.